Baptism of Older Children
- Children who have reached the age of reason, generally accepted as seven years of age, will be enrolled in the Rite of Christian Initiation adapted for children and prepared to receive the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist.
- Sponsors & catechists will help these young people learn about God and his Church in an age appropriate way.
- Children will participate in the various rites of the Rite of Christian Initiation that are celebrated during the year.
- This process will ordinarily take one year of participation. However, this is flexible, depending on circumstances.
- These children will celebrate the sacraments at the Easter Vigil.
- Godparents have the same criteria as above.
- Children baptized in other Christian Traditions are prepared for Confirmation & Eucharist. They make a Profession of Faith in the Catholic Church