First Reconciliation and First Eucharist
- Children baptized Catholic as infants prepare for these sacraments over two years.
- Holy Rosary School or our Religious Education Program assist parents in the preparation of their children to receive these sacraments.
- The ordinary age for reception of these two sacraments is during the second grade year.
- There will be at least one required parent preparation session for each sacrament.
- Children in Holy Rosary School and in the Religious Education program will prepare and celebrate the sacrament during the same liturgies.
- A catechist will prepare older children who have not celebrated the sacraments of Reconciliation & Eucharist. The celebration of the sacraments is to be arranged by the parents.
- It is presumed that the families of children preparing for these sacraments are regularly attending Sunday liturgies and that they will continue to do so after the reception of the sacraments.
- Godparents should be included in the preparation as much as possible.