This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Roberta Tassani 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Roberta Tassani

I recently spoke with a gentleman who was considering entering the Catholic Church. Many aspects of the faith drew him in, but he struggled with other aspects, and he just plain disagreed with some of our moral teachings. He asked me, “Can I still become a Catholic?”
    I told him, “The way I see it, Jesus asks all of us the same two questions: Who do you say that I am? (Matthew 16:15), and Do you love me? (John 21:15-17). Everything else in the Catholic faith is derived from these two questions. Who is Jesus Christ, and how do we love him?”
    “So,” he said, “if I say He is the Son of God, and if I love Him with all my heart, mind, will, and strength, then there is no problem?”
    I said, “The only problem would be if you took your answers today as enough for tomorrow. God always calls us one step further than where we are now, another step deeper into His heart.”
    Jesus loves and calls this man, with all his doubts and even with his denials. He loves him exactly as he is, but calls him forward. Today, Jesus may ask us to love Him in a friend; tomorrow, in prayer or reading the Bible; the next day, in a panhandler on a street corner. Every day we can know Him better, and love Him more.
    Who is Jesus in your life, today? How will you love Him?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.