The Annual Report of the Society of St Vincent de Paul, Holy Rosary Conference
SOCIETY OF ST VINCENT DE PAUL HOLY ROSARY CONFERENCE ANNUAL REPORT
October 1, 2015 – September 30, 2016
Inspired by Gospel values, the Society of St Vincent de Paul, a Catholic lay organization, leads women and men to join together to grow spiritually by offering person-to-person service to those who are needy and suffering in the tradition of its founder, Blessed Frederic Ozanam, and patron, St. Vincent de Paul.
As a reflection of the whole family of God, Members, who are known as Vincentians, are drawn from every ethnic and cultural background, age group and economic level. Vincentians are united in an international society by their spirit of poverty, humility, and sharing, which is nourished by prayer and reflection, mutually supportive gatherings and adherence to a basic Rule.
Organized locally, Vincentians witness God’s love by embracing all works of charity and justice. The Society collaborates with other people of good will in relieving need and addressing its causes, making no distinction in those served because, in them, Vincentians see the face of Christ.
CASH RECEIPTS AND DISBURSEMENTS: RECEIPTS:
Church Contributions $123,289
Donations from Members 99
Total Receipts $123,431
Those We Serve:
|SVDP Store Vouchers||715|
|Medical & Miscellaneous||5,113|
|Food Bank Replenishment||7,668||$113,486|
|Foreign Twinning *||1,200||2,350|
|Contributions to Councils||1,200|
*Note – In keeping with the vision of Blessed Frederic Ozanam to create a network of charity, the Society of St Vincent de Paul and Holy Rosary Conference sponsor a program called “Twinning.” Twinning is a process whereby Councils or Conferences of the Society assist other Councils/and or Conferences that lack the resources to conduct their works of mercy. Twinning is conducted both domestically and internationally.
OTHER STATISTICAL INFORMATION:
In-Kind Goods and Services Provided (Non-Cash Contributions):
|Visits and Services to People:||
# of People Helped
|Total # of People Helped||2,510|
Total Hours of Service and Estimated Miles in Vincentian Services:
Total Hours of Service Rendered by Conference Vincentians 1,614
Estimated Miles Driven in Vincentian Service 2,424
- Added 9 new Vincentians to our Conference membership in February 2016
- Delivered nearly 100 Thanksgiving and Christmas food baskets to the needy during November and December 2015
- Assisted 18 families and 37 children with toys and other gifts through our St Vincent De Paul “Secret Santa” gift program at Christmas 2015
- Supported Chase Lake Community School’s “Bottomless Backpack” program, supplying 25-30 needy students with non-perishable food and snacks on a weekly basis throughout the school year and Summer
- Joined in providing community outreach by serving monthly breakfasts to the homeless at Trinity Lutheran Church (Lynnwood)
- Provided volunteer assistance at United Way of Snohomish County’s “Project Homeless Connect” in July 2016
- Received a $450 monetary grant from Catholic Relief Services/Rice Bowl in recognition of our Conference’s efforts to alleviate hunger and poverty in our community in June 2016
- In concert with the 2015 Holiday Bazaar, held a successful “Donation Station” used clothing and household goods drive in November 2015
- Hosted the St Vincent de Paul luncheon (over 150 people) in March 2016
Fully participated in the Archdiocesan Safe Environment Training Program
THANK YOU HOLY ROSARY PARISHIONERS FOR ALL OF YOUR GENEROUS AND ONGOING SUPPORT!